Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Interview With The Dust Dances Too


My good friend Jon (who I recently explored some of New York with) writes The Dust Dances Too and he has a new poetry book out. I just received my copy of his book so it seemed like a fitting time to interview him for this blog. I've known him since college, we collaborate on Dead Paper, I've seen him in bow ties, but like every time I interview a blogger I was pleasantly surprised to hear what the answers to what his dream party would be like and who he would invite. Jon's one of the most creative people I've ever met; I'm constantly impressed by his imagination and unending writing talent and his films (yes he makes films too). His blog is a daily delight with poems that run the full gamut of emotion and his book is a sweet collection of some of his best.
What type of party is it?
A somewhat fashionable, but completely comfortable winter dinner party.
Who's invited?
I'd like a nice mix of friends and creative people; passionate souls who think deep, laugh, and enjoy good food and music. Guest list: Aside from my best friends, (you know who you are) I'll invite George & Mary Bailey from It's a Wonderful Life, Audrey Hepburn, Ella Fitzgerald, Gregory Peck, F. Scott & Zelda Fitzgerald, Norman Rockwell, his character Willie Gillis, Lupe Fiasco, Yo Yo Ma, Kingsley Zissou, Emily Dickinson, C.S. Lewis, Jean Seberg, Ryan Gosling, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Matt Berninger from the National, Charlie Brown, Linus, and Robert Frost. Oh, and of course, you are invited too.
Where does it take place?
A big Victorian home, nestled in the woods at the edge of a small New England town. Snowing of course.
What are you serving?
Baguettes and nutella, the rest I'll leave up to Chef Ramsay.
Who would get to sit next to you?
On my right, my best friend. On my left, Jean Seberg, because then our hands might accidentally touch.
Is there a special playlist or entertainment?
A live jazz set, maybe solo's by Benny Goodman and John Coltraine. Also, a set from the National & a song by Yo Yo Ma, if he's up to it.
Are there any party favors?
How about candy? Candy is always good. And everyone gets a baby cheetah.
What are the hot topics of the evening?
The conversation should be peppered with laughter, personal stories, and maybe a tear or two. those are the only stipulations.
Who is the most likely to get drunk and dance on the table?
You know the answer to this already: Zelda Fitzgerald hands down. Matt Berninger may join her.
Who is the last to leave?
Robert Frost and C.S. Lewis. I figure the three of us will retire to the drawing room, or library, with pipes, and talk about the mysteries of life until the embers of the fire burn out.
For more check out his blog, or buy his book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment